Welcome to Lake Country, Okanagan Lakeshore living at it’s finest! As its name implies, Lake Country is defined by water; Okanagan Lake, Kalamalka Lake, Wood Lake and Ellison Lake, plus numerous mountain lakes!
Incorporated in 1995, Lake Country is home to four, distinct Okanagan neighbourhood communities, each rich in culture and history but with the Okanagan lakeshore lifestyle as a bond; Oyama, Okanagan Center, Carr’s Landing and Winfield, which provides the main commercial nucleus.
The Lake Country valley is the start of the Okanagan wine trail, rich in orchards and vineyards! Centrally located between Vernon and Kelowna, the area offers a pleasant, rural Okanagan lifestyle for commuters. Residents of the area enjoy mild winters and hot summers so get ready for fun! Year-round outdoor activities are more than available including skiing, water sports, cycling, golf and so much more!
Follow along as Tarynn showcases Lake Country merchants and events at the link below!
Lake Country Services and Highlights
- Real estate includes lakeshore lots, waterfront homes, townhomes/condos, adult communities, long established and new subdivisions, orchards, vineyards, and farms
- Economic base: agri-tourism, wineries, tourism, bedroom community ideal for families and retirees
- Population: 12,000
- School District 23: Peter Greer Elementary School, George Elliott Secondary
- Okanagan College, University of British Columbia – Okanagan Campus
- Lake Country municipal water systems for domestic and irrigation, sewage system, private septic’s, wells
- Medical/dental clinics
- Oyama and Winfield commercial core
- The District of Lake Country
Amenities and Recreation
- Beaches and boat access on Kalamalka Lake, Wood Lake and Okanagan Lake
- Seasonal fruit stands and markets
- Intrigue Winery
- Gray Monk Estate Winery
- ExNihilio Winery
- Arrowleaf Cellars (winery)
- Lake Country ArtWalk
- Creekside Theatre
- Aspen Golf Course
- Turtle Bay Restaurant and Marina Resort
- Winfield arena
- Miles of walking trails including new Okanagan Rail Trail system
- Wrinkly Face Provincial Park