Welcome to the VILLAGE OF LUMBY! The Gateway to the Monashee Mountains, promises a quieter, ‘small town’ lifestyle where families and retirees alike share real community spirit! All services are available and a host of outdoor activities are at hand to test your spirit of adventure!
CREIGHTON VALLEY, south of Highway 6 and east of the Village of Lumby, Creighton Valley runs through treed clad hills, offers a true rural lifestyle with hundreds of small and large family farms!
TRINITY VALLEY, this vast, largely natural rural area follows the valley west along the Trinity Hills, south and west of the Shuswap River at Ashton Creek and north of the Lumby- Mabel Lake Road! Farms, ranches and privacy acreage can be seen along this pleasant drive!
MABEL LAKE SOUTH, take this picturesque drive along the north and east of the Shuswap River, west of Silver Hills and the Park Range, past Shuswap Falls all the way to the southern portion access of Mabel Lake. Fertile farms, ranches and rural residences thrive in this still sparsely populated, natural area.
Services and Highlights
- Real estate in Lumby includes quaint older and newer family homes, retirement communities, private acreages and small farms
- Economic base: forestry, manufacturing, agriculture, tourism
- Population: 1700, plus 4500 in the trading area
- School District 23: J.W. Inglis Elementary School, Charles Bloom Secondary School
- Municipal water systems and sewer systems, private septic systems and wells, natural gas, BC hydro
- Medical/dental services
- Downtown shopping and services
- 45 minutes to Kelowna International Airport
- On Highway 6, 25 km east of the City of Vernon
- Village of Lumby
Amenities and Recreation
- Mabel Lake Provincial Park
- Mabel Lake Golf and Country Club
- Arrow Lakes Provincial Park – Shelter Bay
- Monashee Provincial Park, Shuswap Falls and Rainbow Falls
- Greystokes and Aberdeen Plateau
- Silver Star Provincial
- Echo Lake Provincial Park
- Rawlings Lake
- Whitevalley Community Park, Oval Park, Royal Ball Park, Cedar Ridge Park, Salmon Trails
- Lumby Days
- Lumby Curling Club
- Lumby Outdoor Pool
- Oval Park Adult Fitness Park
- White Valley Spray Park