Welcome to The Foothills! As the name implies, the Foothills occupy the gently sloping hills on the road to Silver Star Mountain Ski Resort. The Vernon neighborhood offers spectacular sweeping views of Kalamalka Lake and Okanagan Lake to the South, the lights of the City of Vernon, and Swan Lake to the West. Popular with active families and retirees. A great location – less than 10 minutes to downtown Vernon and less than 20 minutes to the ski and cross country slopes at Silver Star Mountain Resort!
The Foothills Services and Highlights
- Real Estate includes new and resale single family homes, building lots, a small selection of townhomes, and a neighbourhood of newer homes with legal suites.
- School District 22, BX Elementary School , Vernon Senior Secondary, École Beairsto Elementary
- Okanagan College
- Greater Vernon Water and Sewer
- Newly expanded hospital – Obstetrics to Oncology
- Numerous medical clinics and specialists
- 45 minutes to Kelowna International Airport
Amenities and Recreation
- 10 minutes to downtown Vernon and all services
- 15 minutes to Silver Star Mountain Resort and Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre
- Silver Star Provincial Park – mountain biking, hiking and more!
- Silver Star Foot Hills Trail (with access to Grey Canal Trail)
- Silver Star Foothills Community Park
- BX Creek and Falls Trail
- Mutrie Dog Park and BX Dog Park (map)